Cone of Silence
June 23rd, 2017
1 hr 1 min 3 secs
About this Episode
Dan and Haddie talk about the soul-destroying addiction of workaholism, creative environments and creative teams, Millennials and saving for buying a home, and the detrimental effects of multitasking (and a solution).
Links for this episode:
- Jason Fried on Twitter: "Pathetic… even Apple is promoting workaholism now. Check out this ad for their Planet Of The Apps show. https://t.co/PKn30pWWgn"
- Creative Environments Lead to Creative Teams – Thinking Design by Adobe – Medium
- Millennials Want to Buy Homes but Aren’t Saving for Down Payments - WSJ
- Want to be more productive? Quit multitasking. | | Dropbox Blog
- Rework: Jason Fried, David Heinemeier Hansson: 9780307463746: Amazon.com: Books
- The Lean Startup: How Today's Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses: Eric Ries: 9780307887894: Amazon.com: Books
- The Ray Bradbury Theater - S01E01 - Marionettes, Inc. (Aired 5-21-85) - YouTube
- Most millennials want to buy a home—but about half have nothing saved
- Multi-taskers are Bad At It | Productivity
- Multitasking won’t make you more productive. Here’s what will. | Dropbox Blog
Brought to you by:
Squarespace (Start your free trial site today, at Squarespace.com and when you sign up make sure to use the offer code QUIT to get 10% off your first purchase).
Away (Visit awaytravel.com/quit and use the code QUIT for $20 off a suitcase).
FreshBooks (All you have to do is go to FreshBooks.com/quit and enter QUIT in the 'How did you hear about us?' section).